Summary of the Challenge
Our AAIA'17 Data Mining Challenge: Helping AI to Play Hearthstone has ended. We would like to thank all participants for their involvement and hard work!
The competition attracted 296 teams from 28 different countries. We received submissions from 188 teams, from which 114 shared a brief report describing their approach.
The official Winners:
- Łukasz Grad, University of Warsaw, Poland (team iwannabetheverybest)
- Quang Hieu Vu, ZALORA, and Dymitr Ruta, EBTIC, Khalifa University, United Arab Emirates (team hieuvq)
- Evgeny Patekha, Russia (team johnpateha)
Congratulation on your excellent results!
We would also like to distinguish six more teams:
- jj: Jan Jakubik,
- iran-amin: Amin Sadri,
- pp332493: Przemysław Przybyszewski,
- kulawykrul: Dominik Deja,
- jaszczur: Szymon Dziewiątkowski, Sebastian Jaszczur, Mateusz Śmiech,
- amorgun: Alexander Morgun
and invite them to contribute extended versions of their reports to our special session at the FedCSIS 2017 conference. We will be sending separate invitation letters shortly.
Finally, we would like to express our gratitude to Paweł Sienkowski who was the first to notice and report the possibility of a leak in the original test data. Thanks to his report, we were able to promptly identify the cause and react by providing the new test set.
We are planning to publish all competition data shortly after the conference.