FPT has always been a leading information and communication technology enterprise in Vietnam. By 2014, its revenue was about 1.65 billion US dollars, creating more than 22 thousand full-time jobs for the society. FPT has operations in 17 countries including Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, America, Japan, Singapore, Germany, Myanmar, France, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, United Kingdom, Philippines, Kuwait, Bangladesh and Indonesia. The main businesses are Software Development, System Integration, Information Technology Services, Distribution and Manufacturing of Information Technology products and Retails, Internet Services Providing and Data Center Services, Onlineand Advertising, e-Commerce, Educational Services, Financing Services.
In e-Commerce, FPT runs several B2B2C (business-to-business-to-customer) services that provide online shopping sites and mobile applications for small and medium sellers. Transaction data, such as product browsing and purchasing activities, from buyer, and product portfolio, from seller, can be aggregated, to provide more efficient buying and selling experiences. For example, statistical machine learning techniques can be applied to predict the optimal organization and display of products that maximize the chance of bringing useful information to user, facilitate the online purchases. Perhaps, one of the vital insights, especially for fashion-related products, is the understanding of the relevancy of product to a gender of the user. In PAKDD'15 Data Mining Competition we would like to address this particular problem. More details regarding the task and a description of the competition data can be found in Task Description section.
Awards: Authors of the top ranked solutions (based on the final evaluation scores) will be awarded with prizes sponsored by FPT Group:
- First Prize: Apple Mac Book Air + one free PAKDD'15 conference registration,
- Second Prize: new FPT smartphone (to be defined) + one free PAKDD'15 conference registration.
The award ceremony will take place during the PAKDD'15 conference (May 19 - 22, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam).
- March 23, 2015: start of the competition, data sets become available,
- May 1, 2015: deadline for submitting the predictions,
- May 3, 2015: deadline for sending the reports, end of the challenge,
- May 19, 2015: beginning of the PAKDD'15 conference, official announcement of the winners.
Contest Organizing Committee:
- Hung Son Nguyen, University of Warsaw
- Tran The Trung, FPT University
- Tu Bao Ho, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- Duc Dung Nguyen, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- Andrzej Janusz, University of Warsaw
In case of any questions please post on the forum or write us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org