ISMIS'17 Data Mining Competition: Trading Based on Recommendations
(ISMIS'17 Data Mining Competition)
ISMIS 2017 Data Mining Competition is a challenge organized using the KnowledgePit platform at the 23rd International Symposium on Methodologies and Intelligent Systems, held at Warsaw University of Technology, Poland, on June 26-29, 2017. The task is to come up with a strategy for investing in a stock market based on recommendations provided by different experts. The competition is kindly sponsored by mBank S.A. and Tipranks, with a support from ISMIS 2017 organizers.
Challenge Terms and Conditions
Contest Participation Rules:
- The competition is open to all interested researchers, specialists and students. Only members of the Contest Organizing Committee cannot participate.
- Participants may submit solutions as teams made up of one or more persons.
- Each team needs to designate a leader responsible for communication with the Organizers. A single person can be a leader of only one team.
- One person may be incorporated in maximally 3 teams.
- Each team needs to be composed of a different set of persons.
- Each team is obliged to provide a short report describing their final solution. The report must contain information such as the name of a team, names of all team members and a brief overview of the used approach. The description should explain all data preprocessing steps and model construction steps. It should be submitted in the pdf format using our submission system by January 22, 2017 (23:59 GMT). Only made by teams that provided the reports will qualify for the final evaluation.
- The final ranking of the competing teams will be done on the basis of the final evaluation results. In a case of draws in the evaluation scores, time of the submission will be taken into account.
- After the final evaluation, selected top-ranked teams will be asked to provide the source codes that can be used to reproduce their final solutions and a documentation that would allow running the code. If the code has to be run within a complex environment (e.g. distributed Hadoop cluster) a detailed setup explanation should be provided as well. The source codes will be used to verify a legitimacy of solutions. The winners of the ISMIS’17 Data Mining Competition are chosen from the top-ranked teams which provide reports and the source codes of their solutions for the verification.
- Each report, paper and any other type of publication basing on the research where data from this competition will be used should accredit both mBank S.A. and Tipranks as the institutions that sponsored that particular research.
- Organizers may reject any submission if they suspect that it was produced in an unfairly way or was submitted by a team which has broken the competition rules without providing any additional explanation.
- By enrolling to this competition you grant the organizers rights to process your for the purpose of evaluation and post-competition research.
In a case of questions related to the competition please contact us via email: email@example.com or through the competition forum.