IJCRS'15 Data Challenge: Mining Data from Coal Mines
(IJCRS'15 Data Challenge)
Topic of the competition: Active monitoring and prevention of methane outbreaks.
IJCRS'15 Data Challenge: Mining Data from Coal Mines is a competition organized within a frame of The 2015 International Joint Conference on Rough Sets (IJCRS'15). It continues the tradition of data mining challenges associated with rough set conferences. This time, the task is related to the problem of monitoring and prediction of dangerous concentrations of methane in longwalls of a Polish coal mine. The competition is sponsored by Research and Development Centre EMAG (http://www.emag.pl/) with support from International Rough Set Society.
Challenge Terms and Conditions
Contest Participation Rules:
- The competition is open for all interested researchers, specialists and students. Only members of the Contest Organizing Committee cannot participate.
- Participants may submit solutions as teams made up of one or more persons.
- Each team needs to designate a leader responsible for communication with the Organizers. A single person can be a leader of only one team. Only the leader needs to be registered at Knowledge Pit and be enrolled for the competition.
- One person may be incorporated in maximally 3 teams.
- Each team needs to be composed of a different set of persons.
- The total number of submissions stored at Knowledge Pit for any single team is limited to 100 solutions.
- A winner of the competition is chosen on the basis of the final evaluation results. In a case of draws in the evaluation scores, time of the submission will be taken into account.
- Each team is obliged to provide a short report describing their final solution. Reports must contain information such as the name of a team, names of all team members, the last preliminary evaluation score and a brief overview of the used approach. Their length should not exceed 2000 words and they should be submitted in the pdf format using our submission system by June 22, 2015. Only made by teams that provided the reports will qualify for the final evaluation.
- By enrolling to this competition you grant the organizers rights to process your for the purpose of evaluation and post-competition research.