PAKDD'15 Data Mining Competition: Gender Prediction Based on E-commerce Data
(PAKDD'15 Data Mining Competition)
PAKDD'15 Data Mining Competition: Gender Prediction Based on E-commerce Data is our first competition organized within the frame of The Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD). We would like to challenge participants with a task of devising effective algorithms for recognizing a gender of e-store clients. A data set for the competition was provided by FPT Group which is also the main sponsor of the awards.
Challenge Terms and Conditions
Contest Participation Rules:
- The competition is open for all interested researchers, specialists and students. Only members of the Contest Organizing Committee cannot participate.
- Participants may submit solutions as teams made up of one or more persons.
- Each team needs to designate a leader responsible for communication with the Organizers. A single person can be a leader of only one team.
- One person may be incorporated in maximally 3 teams.
- Each team needs to be composed of a different set of persons.
- The total number of submissions for any single team is limited to 100 solutions.
- A winner of the competition is chosen on the basis of the final evaluation results. In a case of draws in the evaluation scores, time of the submission will be taken into account.
- Each team is obliged to provide a short report describing their final solution. Reports must contain information such as the name of a team, names of all team members, the last preliminary evaluation score and a brief overview of the used approach. Their length should not exceed 2000 words and they should be submitted in the pdf format using our submission system by May 4, 2015. Only made by teams that provided the reports will qualify for the final evaluation.
- By enrolling to this competition you grant the organizers rights to process your for the purpose of evaluation and post-competition research.
In case of questions related to the competition please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or through the competition forum.