4th Special Session on Data Science in Health, Ecology and Commerce (DSH'22)
Sofia, Bulgaria, 4 - 7 September, 2022
Data Science in Health, Ecology and Commerce is a forum on all forms of data analysis, data economics, information systems and data based research, focusing on the interaction of those four fields. Here, data-driven solutions can be generated by understanding complex real-world (health) related problems, critical thinking and analytics to derive knowledge from (big) data. The past years have shown a forthcoming interest on innovative data technology and analytics solutions that link and utilize large amounts of data across individual digital ecosystems. First applications scenarios in the field of health, smart cities or agriculture merge data from various IoT devices, social media or application systems and demonstrate the great potential for gaining new insights, supporting decisions or providing smarter services. Together with inexpensive sensors and computing power we are ahead of a world that bases its decisions on data. However, we are only at the beginning of this journey and we need to further explore the required methods and technologies as well as the potential application fields and the impact on society and economy. This endeavor needs the knowledge of researchers from different fields applying diverse perspectives and using different methodological directions to find a way to grasp and fully understand the power and opportunities of data science.
This is a joint track by WIG2, the Scientific Institute for health economics and health service research, the Information Systems Institute of Leipzig University and the Helmholtz Environmental Research Institute.
We embrace a rich array of issues on data science and offer a platform for research from diverse methodological directions, including quantitative empirical research as well as qualitative contributions. We welcome research from a medical, technological, economic, political and societal perspective. The topics of interest therefore include but are not limited to:
- Data analysis in health, ecology and commerce
- (Health) Data management
- Health economics
- Data economics
- Data integration
- Semantic data analysis
- AI based data analysis
- Data based health service research
- Smart Service Engineering
- Integrating data in integrated care
- AI in integrated care
- Spatial health economics
- Risk adjustment and Predictive modelling
- Privacy in data science
- Authors should submit draft papers (as Postscript, PDF or MSWord file).
- The total length of a paper should not exceed 10 pages IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
- Preprints containing accepted papers will be published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be published in Conference Proceedings and submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® database.
- Conference proceedings will be published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers and posted at the conference WWW site.
- Conference proceedings will be indexed in BazEkon and submitted for indexation in: Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index, SciVerse Scopus, Inspec, Index Copernicus, DBLP Computer Science Bibliography and Google Scholar
- The selected paper will be invited to submit extended version of the paper for post-conference publication in one of the recognised journal indexed by JCR (with IF).
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS technical sessions.